Today was about fixing issues that were identified when simulating the simple computer.
Clearing Expanded Memory
When the Memory size was expanded, the data contained garbage in the expanded data area resulting in long values in the memory data dump, so I added code to make them zeros.
Add Scroll Offset
If you scroll the Graph Area creating an offset, this needs to be taken into account when adding a new part to the scene.
Apply outputs of all parts on load
When loading a saved circuit, the inputs are energized to set the wires up with their starting levels. But, some nets of wires were not affected by this leaving them white. So before stimulating the inputs, I stimulate the outputs of every part from its initial value.
Add presets for inputs
Some parts used in a circuit have input pins that are not needed but, they need to be connected to logic level switches to set them to the required state. To avoid the clutter that this entails, I added an input preset function to the setup code for relevant parts. For example, the
LD pin of a Register is preset to a high level and its pin is then red.
Add style to memory popup
The Memory Manager popup window was made atheistically nicer with a styling box added color and rounded corners. The same style was applied to the number entry popup. Before, it was hard to actually see these windows over a circuit.
Flag the need to save after scrolling
Some things do not have a signal to connect to such as switching on/off of the grid. So these will not indicate a change. Scrolling does, so that was taken into account. And the zoom is saved anyway. There is no auto-save feature yet.
So there we are. All the bugs and improvements that I can think of have now been taken care of.
Wow, do I release an Alpha version this weekend?
More Devlog entries
Most recent first
- 2021 10 02 New Release of Digital Logic Simulator
- 2021 08 28 Nested Sub Blocks
- 2021 08 27 Debugging with a log file
- 2021 08 26 Testing Circuit Blocks
- 2021 08 24 Bug Fixing with Blocks
- 2021 08 22 Debugging Circuit Blocks
- 2021 08 21 Circuit Blocks Update
- 2021 08 18 Circuit Blocks
- 2021 08 16 Highlighting of wires
- 2021 08 12 Adding Tutorial Content
- 2021 08 07 Numbers Scene
- 2021 08 06 Numbers Tabbed Scene
- 2021 08 04 Number Display Widget
- 2021 07 26 Logic Simulator Update
- 2021 07 24 - Launch of V1.0
- 2021 07 23 - Truth Tables
- 2021 07 21 - Simple Computer Simulation
- 2021 07 16 - Community Forum
- 2021 07 15 - Community News
- 2021 07 11 - Save and Load ROM Data
- 2021 07 09 - Documentation About The Logic Simulator
- 2021 07 08 - Big Progress
- 2021 07 07 - RAM and ROM Testing Complete
- 2021 07 06 - Implementing Tests
- 2021 07 05 - Cool algorithm for binary text string
- 2021 07 04 - Debugging Complex Situations
- 2021 06 30 - End of June - Refactoring Continues
- 2021 06 29 Community
- 2021 06 28 Implementing More OOP
- 2021 06 27 Memory Parts
- 2021 06 26 Improving the Memory Manager
- 2021 06 25 Memory Data
- 2021 06 24 Memory Management
- 2021 06 23 First Devlog Entry