As I mentioned before, I had an idea to install MyBB, and now it is done!
The main content site is statically generated meaning that it consists of HTML files. But MyBB requires a Database and PHP with various features, so that needs some effort to get right. But not a big deal to install that stuff. And set up a separate subdomain for it and place on the server for the files.
Then there is the way to set up user registration with email. This is a big hassle.
You need your admin email and need to test the ability to register a user via email using a temporary email provider.
And I set up SMTP via Mailjet.
With that hassle aside, it is quite straightforward to set up MyBB. The first priority for me was to replace the standard Logo with my own one.
I captured the default logo to get an idea of the regular size and then designed my own one. Then uploaded it to the server and set up the Theme to use that logo.
Then set the forum to use pretty URLs and set up some Categories and Forums. Then, posted a Welcome Thread.
Set up some links from my main site to the Forum.
Posted about it to social media and here we are.
Unfortunately the default MyBB theme is not responsive and is aimed at Desktop users only. And I get the vibe from the community that Mobile is not well-supported. So maybe I will try to hack my own responsive solution for the Theme or find a suitable available theme, have to see.
More Devlog entries
Most recent first
- 2021 07 26 Logic Simulator Update
- 2021 07 24 - Launch of V1.0
- 2021 07 23 - Truth Tables
- 2021 07 22 Progress Update
- 2021 07 21 - Simple Computer Simulation
- 2021 07 15 - Community News
- 2021 07 11 - Save and Load ROM Data
- 2021 07 09 - Documentation About The Logic Simulator
- 2021 07 08 - Big Progress
- 2021 07 07 - RAM and ROM Testing Complete
- 2021 07 06 - Implementing Tests
- 2021 07 05 - Cool algorithm for binary text string
- 2021 07 04 - Debugging Complex Situations
- 2021 06 30 - End of June - Refactoring Continues
- 2021 06 29 Community
- 2021 06 28 Implementing More OOP
- 2021 06 27 Memory Parts
- 2021 06 26 Improving the Memory Manager
- 2021 06 25 Memory Data
- 2021 06 24 Memory Management
- 2021 06 23 First Devlog Entry