I took a break from developing the Digital Logic Project since it seems to be at an Alpha release stage ahead of the weekend and I wanted to work on some other things to enhance this website.
It feels a bit strange to publish content with no means for community feedback, so I looked into installing a Discourse Forum. I almost finished doing it after overcoming several obstacles but finally realized that it is better to run that on a dedicated server. Also, I prefer to be able to delve into the code and be able to create my own plugins. So I decided to go with a Forum solution that I have previous experience with called MyBB.
Also, I was anxious to build out the Projects area, so added a tutorial for building Game of Life. I have created this Game before, but did it again from scratch since now I am more experienced with GDScript so could come up with a better solution. But, it took more effort than I anticipated (due to panning and zoom). Even simple Games can be hard to get right.
I look forward to adding more Game Tutorials where I explain the development process.
More Devlog entries
Most recent first
- 2021 07 26 Logic Simulator Update
- 2021 07 24 - Launch of V1.0
- 2021 07 23 - Truth Tables
- 2021 07 22 Progress Update
- 2021 07 21 - Simple Computer Simulation
- 2021 07 16 - Community Forum
- 2021 07 11 - Save and Load ROM Data
- 2021 07 09 - Documentation About The Logic Simulator
- 2021 07 08 - Big Progress
- 2021 07 07 - RAM and ROM Testing Complete
- 2021 07 06 - Implementing Tests
- 2021 07 05 - Cool algorithm for binary text string
- 2021 07 04 - Debugging Complex Situations
- 2021 06 30 - End of June - Refactoring Continues
- 2021 06 29 Community
- 2021 06 28 Implementing More OOP
- 2021 06 27 Memory Parts
- 2021 06 26 Improving the Memory Manager
- 2021 06 25 Memory Data
- 2021 06 24 Memory Management
- 2021 06 23 First Devlog Entry