Today I got the Memory Parts working with Output Enable and R/W inputs to save adding registers to the input and output data busses.
Also, I improved the memory editor with dynamic resizing of the popup to shrink to fit its contents as modes are changed, got the highlighter to position itself correctly, and moved the value input box to below the main popup.
Today’s main bug occurred after I used this popup in the main scene. It caused the DELETE key to no longer affect the Graph Nodes. This was due to the use of the
_input function in the Memory Manager to capture keystrokes. So I needed to add an
_input function to the main scene script in order to capture keystrokes there, and once again be able to delete Graph Nodes.
I think that it is time to re-factor the code since it is getting complicated, and harder to debug. Also, when I add a new part, it often needs features that I didn’t anticipate. So I should create more Classes and have more levels of Inheritance to split the functionality into smaller pieces.
At the same time, I could release what I have now as something that could be used by play testers.
More Devlog entries
Most recent first
- 2021 07 26 Logic Simulator Update
- 2021 07 24 - Launch of V1.0
- 2021 07 23 - Truth Tables
- 2021 07 22 Progress Update
- 2021 07 21 - Simple Computer Simulation
- 2021 07 16 - Community Forum
- 2021 07 15 - Community News
- 2021 07 11 - Save and Load ROM Data
- 2021 07 09 - Documentation About The Logic Simulator
- 2021 07 08 - Big Progress
- 2021 07 07 - RAM and ROM Testing Complete
- 2021 07 06 - Implementing Tests
- 2021 07 05 - Cool algorithm for binary text string
- 2021 07 04 - Debugging Complex Situations
- 2021 06 30 - End of June - Refactoring Continues
- 2021 06 29 Community
- 2021 06 28 Implementing More OOP
- 2021 06 26 Improving the Memory Manager
- 2021 06 25 Memory Data
- 2021 06 24 Memory Management
- 2021 06 23 First Devlog Entry